Back to my omg.lol page!
Feb. 5, 2023
Current obsession: Fall Out Boy
- FOB keeps releasing new songs again and they seem like they're back on their shit. I love their old sound (pre-hiatus as the fans say) and the new album sounds like a fantastic continuation of that.
Current favorite hack: Shortcut for Backup iCloud Photo Library
- I made a Siri Shortcut that finds images and videos of a specified month, and then saves a copy of them (as HEIC/HEIF) to my file system. I can then run Time Machine to back them up. There was some interest in this on Mastodon, so I'll write a blog post on this subject sometime. With a link to the Shortcut, too.
Top find: omg.lol
- omg.lol: omg are you kidding me, this gave my (digital) life such a fun boost! I was looking for a good way to run a blog, have a little profile with a couple of links, and now I have it!
Other top find: TimeFinder
- TimeFinder: this has made me more proactive. You've never time blocked this easily before! Drag from your lists, drag things on your schedule and your tasks will move around it, get notified. Love this. (iOS, iPadOS, macOS)
BetterTouchTool & mymind
- BetterTouchTool: such a great app to customize any interaction with my Mac. I customized everything so Stage Manager works better, and did a lot more. Might write about it sometime. (macOS)
- mymind: a basket I throw everything I find even mildly interesting in. I used to have a long-running "Keep this" note in my Notes app (a new one every month), but rediscovery was too hard.
How to talk so (little) kids will listen
- This book by Joanna Faber & Julie King: I love this book because it shows me how to raise a stable, honest, and independent person. All the while making it easier and more fun for us as parents.
Fall Out Boy
- Fall Out Boy: Their new song Love From The Other Side is out and it SLAPS!!!!!! I'm SO happy their classic sound is back. New album should be out March 24th. Gaaaghh!
Updated 3 months ago.
What is this? Well, this is a now page and you should have one too!
inconspicuous edit button